Welcome

This is going to be about me. I'm going to talk about glass, PMC, cooking, recipes, limoncello(!), cats and just pretty much whatever I feel like talking about at the time. Hope you stick around with me.

Etsy

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Freckles


One of the great loves of my life passed to another plane on Monday morning. This is my FaceBook tribute to him.


Ten years ago this long, lean magnificent kitty walked into my garden and my heart. At first his idea of really snuggling with me was to give my leg a headbutt as he walked by me. Purr? Not a chance. But as he got older and fatter, he realized that gettin' love was what life was all about. Well, love and food...he wasn't a 20 pounder for nothing. He did like his 10 squares a day. He realized that he wouldn't explode if he actually purred for us and started doing it loudly and often. He discovered the TV room couch and turned into the biggest lover ever.

We laughed when he snored while he was sleeping. He was a bit of a porker and I always figured it was just that. Unfortunately, it wasn't. It was the tumor growing in his trachea that was slowly restricting his breathing more and more. He spent last week in Northbrook Animal Hospital being diagnosed and on Friday I got the news that there was basically nothing left to be done. I brought him home that afternoon determined to spoil him rotten for whatever time he had left.

Over the weekend his breathing got worse and worse. By Sunday night I knew that Monday would likely be the day I had to say that final, horrible good bye to him. Monday morning he looked me in the eye and told me it was time for him to leave me.

He passed to his next plane swiftly and peacefully. There is a giant gaping wound in my heart right now but I know that he is free. He was a blessing in my life and I know he will be waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge when it's my time to make that journey.

Run free my friend, run free.

No comments: